The Fitzroy Harbour Community Association has an opening for a groundskeeper starting in the spring of 2019. The Groundskeeping position runs annually until end of September once ball finishes. Some Fall clean up and storage of outdoor items possible in October.
– Ensure grounds are maintained by cutting and trimming grass on ball diamonds, soccer fields and around the FHCC
– Plant flowers and maintain beds at the Community Centre and Memorial gardens
– Set-up diamonds for all scheduled ball games and tournaments
– Assist in the hiring of summer students
– Set-up work schedules for students, supervise them, assign daily tasks and monitor performance. Submit bi-weekly time sheets for duties performed.
– Set-up work schedules for special events. (Ball Tournaments, Harbour Days, other outdoor events)
– Layout soccer fields, cut grass as needed
– Service and maintain all equipment to ensure they are used safely and properly
– Purchase supplies such as lime, paint, gas and anything else required on a daily basis. Submit receipts and invoices for reimbursement on a regular basis
– Take equipment to suppliers for service if required
– Ensure that all equipment and buildings are secured daily
For any questions about this part time position, please contact email@example.com.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15, 2019.